Go To Search
Click to Home
Find a Department
Business Licensing
Businesses Licensed by Pierce County

A Pierce County business license is required only for a few types of businesses.

Are you located in unincorporated Pierce County?
"YES, my business is in unincorporated Pierce County." Pierce County only requires licenses for the following businesses:

Pierce County Code Chapter 5.24  |  Kennel Regulations
"NO, my business isn't in unincorporated Pierce County." We do not require a license. Please contact the city you are located in. They may require a business license.

If your business is not on the list, Pierce County does not require a license.

Every business requires a Master Business License from the State of Washington. Contact the Washington State Department of Revenue regarding a Master Business License, (253) 382-2000.

If you have a complaint about a business, call the Better Business Bureau at (206) 431-2222. You can also contact the Consumer Protection Division of the State of Washington Attorney General's Office in Olympia, Washington.

If you believe that a business is operating illegally without a license, contact the licensing agency (state, county, city, town).

Contact Us

Auditor's Office

2401 S. 35th St.
Room 200
Tacoma, WA 98409
Map to Auditor's Office

Email us

(253) 798-7445


Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

 twitter  facebook

Info Advanced